NW ANIMATION FESTIVAL 2012: Call For Submissions
From our friends at Northwest: The NW Animation Festival is now accepting entries for 2012. Films from anywhere in the world are welcome. The event will be held in Portland Oregon on the weekend of May 18-19. Early deadline December 15, final deadline April 1. See website for details: www.nwanimationfest.com
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
In our first year, we screened 78 films from 9 countries, including two from Oscar nominees. We aim to make our second year even grander.
We showcase the breadth of the animation world. All methods are represented: hand-drawn, computer-generated, stop-motion, pixilation, and experimental hybrids. All styles are welcome: hilarious, heart-warming, dark, cerebral, or abstract. We make a point of showing films both from masters and remarkable amateurs.
This is a festival created by animators, for animators, and all lovers of animation. We bring together and inspire a community of artists, and expand audiences’ understanding of what can be done with the art form.
• Place of origin: Films may come from anywhere in the world.
• Length: Films may be of any length, short or long.
• Completion date: You may submit films made at any time during your life.
• Other festivals: You may show your work at other festivals simultaneously.
• Internet: You may show as much of your work online as you like.
You can send materials by mail, or you can submit everything electronically. For full instructions, visit: www.nwanimationfest.com/2012-