Derrick Cameron of The Ghetto Film School sends us this job posting. If qualified, please contact him at the email address below.
The Ghetto Film School
Job Description – October 2011
9th Grade Mid-Winter Institute Production Facilitator – The Cinema School
The Ghetto Film School (GFS), is an award-winning independent film organization located in the South Bronx, USA. It has partnered with The Cinema School (TCS), which is a selective school in the South Bronx and the first public film high school in the United States.
GFS seeks to hire a dynamic Consultant for the Mid-Winter Institute for freshmen at The Cinema School. The 9th Grade Production Facilitator works with the Lead Consultant on Ghetto Film School’s programming and activities at The Cinema School (TCS) from January 3-January 23, 2011, following some time for preparation from November 28, 2010 – December 23, 2011.
- Production Facilitator will serve GFS as a film-making instructor for the 2011 9th Grade Mid-Winter Institute to be held at The Cinema School (TCS).
- Production Facilitator will, in partnership with GFS Staff, instruct from the curriculum of Mid-Winter Institute (MWI), including all lesson plans, guest speakers, technology applications, homework assignments, and related materials.
- Production Facilitator will, in partnership with the Lead Consultant, GFS Coordinator and Cinema Studies Teacher, assist with the implementation of said curriculum during the 4-week period for all students currently enrolled at The Cinema School, including work conducted by GFS and TCS staff.
- Production Facilitator will provide direct assistance to all TCS and GFS students/staff in the production of all cinematic creative work, ensuring a successful finished product.
- Help with regular trips with students to film screenings, lectures, seminars, workshops, presentations, conferences, college tours, and other events showcasing student work.
- Production Facilitator will supervise specific students in the creation of individual Final Projects, which will be completed and submitted by all students no later than the final day of the MWI.
- Production Facilitator will supervise students in the creation of individual Final Projects, 30-60 seconds in length, which will be completed and submitted by all students no later than the final day of the MWI.
- At least 1-3 years related experience in a film school, arts-based non-profit and/or demonstrated management and program/business development skills.
- Record of successfully orienting, training, and developing youth and/or staff in a creative learning environment.
- Extensive experience working in the production of films in a leadership/above-the-line role.
- Proficiency in animation software (Adobe Flash, FrameThief, etc.) Final Cut Pro, Avid, Adobe Photoshop as well as other general animation software, computer applications, and digital camera, lighting, and production equipment.
- Outstanding inter-personal and communication skills — must be an excellent writer.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment, supporting the administration, staff, and students in all areas.
- Proven leadership skills and demonstrated innovation in executing team assignments.
Fee is commensurate with experience. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Please e-mail or fax cover letter, resume, salary history and references to:
The Ghetto Film School
Attn: Derrick Cameron, Program Director
GFS is committed to a diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.