From our friends at the NW Animation Festival:
There’s just one month left to submit your film for the Northwest Animation Festival! The final deadline is April 1. Screenings will be held on May 18-19 at the historic Hollywood Theatre in Portland Oregon. See website for details: www.nwanimationfest.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
In our first year, we screened 78 films from 9 countries, including two from Oscar nominees. We aim to make our second year even grander.
We showcase the breadth of the animation world. All methods are represented: hand-drawn, computer-generated, stop-motion, pixelation, and experimental hybrids. All styles are welcome: hilarious, heart-warming, dark, cerebral, or abstract. We make a point of showing films both from masters and remarkable amateurs.
This is a festival created by animators, for animators, and all lovers of animation. We bring together and inspire a community of artists, and expand audiences’ understanding of what can be done with the art form.
- Place of origin: Films may come from anywhere in the world.
- Length: Films may be of any length, short or long.
- Completion date: You may submit films made at any time during your life.
- Other festivals: You may show your work at other festivals simultaneously.
- Internet: You may show as much of your work online as you like.
You can submit everything electronically or by mail. For full instructions, visit: www.nwanimationfest.com/2012-